Located on the site of the
old Fisher Primary school
Today, some of the old classrooms and school hall have been sympathetically restored into comfortable living spaces ideal for independent living
Our mission is to deliver quality services.
In considering our current and future community of Residents, our mission ensures that:
- • We will be Resident focused in our planning and service delivery.
- • We will pursue our continuous improvement philosophy and involve all stakeholders.
- • We will create an environment that facilitates the continuity of the Resident’s independence.
- • We will be innovative in our approach to service delivery.
- • We will create a pleasant atmosphere and ambience within the Village.
- • Our staff are professional, skilled and motivated, striving towards the highest level of performance.
Our vision is to maintain our reputation.
Maintain the reputation of Araluen as the leading Independent Living Village in Canberra; a sought-after Independent Living Village for potential Residents and highly regarded by Residents and staff themselves.
Values that contribute to
- • Honesty and integrity of staff when dealing with Residents;
- • Resident privacy and dignity at all times;
- • Empathy and understanding from staff, when dealing with Residents in time of need and;
- • Contribution and participation of staff and Residents in a diverse range of situations.
Why should you choose Araluen?
What sets Araluen apart from other Villages is that you own your property. There are so many benefits, including security, peace of mind and the ability to perform internal renovations to suit your needs and style.
To enhance the security of your investment, the Village has been strata titled.
With the ability to adapt and future-proof your unit to your personal needs, you may never need to move again.
Surrounded by supportive LIKEMINDED community
A varied Village social schedule ensures that there are plenty of opportunities to discover new friendships over shared interests.
Today, some of the old classrooms and school hall have been sympathetically restored into comfortable living spaces ideal for independent living.
For your convenience, a Village bus makes regular trips to larger shopping centres including Cooleman Court and Woden Plaza, as well as other outings and specially organised trips.
We believe in autonomy
Araluen is the perfect place for you to stay self-reliant in your own place and keep enjoying a social life as your needs change.
You have the whole, accessibly designed Village at your doorstep, plus access to the Village bus so you can remain mobile, even if you don’t drive.
Take advantage of the daily delivery service by the local pharmacy or even the Podiatrist’s room and hairdressing salon that are regularly attended by the relevant professionals.
Your journey is unique to you. Our professional management team are here for you, to help you transition to your new home at Araluen.